Monday, June 10, 2013

Israel Food

I mentioned the food a couple of times during our stay in Israel. For someone who is the provider of meals in our family, it was a pleasant break from the normal routine. At every meal there was tons of food and tons of vegetables...they sure seem to eat a lot of salads...even at breakfast. We also had an amazing amount of desserts after each dinner and sweet bread at each breakfast. As with all different places you go, there were many items we didn't know. One morning I decided to try something that I thought was veal, but it ended up being sweet. It's called halva and is made of sesame paste and honey. The craziest thing we ate was tongue. The server assured me I would love it and be back for more...I just asked for a small piece. :) It was actually pretty decent tasting, but I couldn't quite get past the idea of it. I do always enjoy trying new things, within reason, so very much enjoyed all the fun options. 

half of the breakfast at our first hotel
 
breakfast in Ashkelon...probably my favorite food place
 
still in Ashkelon...went all the way down the room
 
this is continuing down that row
 
this was in Jerusalem...look at all those snacks
 
 
and, here's the regular food area
 
this was in Tiberius where we had the tongue
 
extensive salad bar
 
also when we went to restaurants they would start with pitas
and lots of sides to put in it
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: