We had a lovely day today...at first the clouds were in thick around the mountain, but they cleared out a bit as we got to the end of the road. Amazing...I really didn't realize how large the mountain is nor how much it altered the landscape. There is a wide variety of terrain from the explosion - knocked over trees, desolate areas, stripped mountainsides, munched off trees. Good to see God's power. We also took a nice hike around some hummocks (chunks of mountain).
However, when we checked into our plans for tomorrow, we were told that some of the roads we wanted to take were closed. So...I'm not sure what we'll do tomorrow...maybe go down through Oregon and around. The Ape Caves are open, but the Lava Canyon road is closed. :( Stay tuned...
However, when we checked into our plans for tomorrow, we were told that some of the roads we wanted to take were closed. So...I'm not sure what we'll do tomorrow...maybe go down through Oregon and around. The Ape Caves are open, but the Lava Canyon road is closed. :( Stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment