This has been one of the busiest weeks I can remember...something every night and often during the days...started school...my grandpa and aunt visiting (although not staying with us)...started BSF...decided to host an exchange student...yikes!!! It has been crazy - full of fun things, but very busy - and I'm looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow! Here's a more complete recap:
School - started Monday on our three days on/two days off routine. Decided to hope to cover one week's worth of work over the first two weeks since we had a busy week this week, and Dave is off next week. All went reasonably well. MEP Math is very good, but also quite hard. I like it as it is so not-typical...very few problems, but very thought-provoking problems. It has been a challenge for Hannah who has negative thoughts about math already (although she does well at Math), and Josh has ups and downs - I need to do better about not responding with something along the lines of "What are you thinking!??!?!" and more like "How did you come up with that idea?". Mystery of History has been fun to jump into as well as a new year of Science.
Relatives visiting - I haven't seen my aunt and grandpa for about 8 years and never in WA so it's been nice to have them. They are staying at my folks new house. We visited a number of museums and enjoyed spending time together. The kids have also liked having them, and it's been good to interact on more of an adult level. Some pics are below from the Wenatchee Valley Museum.
BSF - had our multi-hour workshop this week...good material, but very long at the end of an already long day. I'll have Level 4 again (7-8th grade). Starts the week of the 9th for anyone interested!
Exchange Student - I'm sure this comes as an out-of-the-blue shock to most all of you, but I am really looking forward to it. His English name is James Lee, and he is a 17 year old boy from China. In theory, he will be here next week, and will stay till June to complete a school year. We are excited to share our culture and beliefs with him as well as learn a lot about China. It is particularly neat in my mind as we have studied China over the years, and I learned much that I never knew. Josh will be moving into Hannah's room for the year.
Well, that's it in a nutshell...

No comments:
Post a Comment