Tuesday, October 4, 2011

School Update

One day last week, I asked the kids if they have missed being at VAL at all this year. They both said no. Having no attachments has definitely been a needed thing so far. I'm not sure how we would be accomplishing much if we were doing other stuff. So, it's about a month into the year, and I am really enjoying our new schedule. I love that we have two days with not a whole lot having to get done on them. I feel like we have done a lot more fun activities and that the kiddos have enjoyed the outdoors and each other more this year. We also aren't terribly behind (even though I feel that way frequently) when I really look at our progress.
I was watching the kids playing outside today in their created fort and all the accessories they made to go along with it...it just made me happy...no, there wasn't a pile of worksheets completed, but there was a lot of creativity going on as well as a lot of creating a deeper relationship between the two of them...I guess I believe those two things will be more important in the long run...and, I guess I also believe that they will glean enough academic knowledge in the remaining years to be functioning and capable adults in some occupation. The best of both worlds or naivete? I guess time will tell. :)
kid-made decorations and pictures


Posted by Picasa

No comments: