This past Monday night, I taught on the amazing book of 1 Thes (yes, all at once!) during BSF. The first two chapters (esp. chap 2) are such a good explanation of how Paul chose to minister to the Thessalonians. It is very instructive for all of us who are seeking to minister in whatever ways right now. Here's a list of some general guidelines in that section:
Right ways of ministry- With perseverance
- With clear proclamation
- With a desire to please God alone
- With gentleness – like nursing mother
- Without concern for ourselves – springing out of love for the people
- With diligence – toiling night and day
- With a clear example – holy, righteous, and blameless
- With exhortation (challenge) to greater things – like a father desiring the best for his child
- With encouragement
- With error, impurity, or deception – for one’s own sake
- With desire only to please man
- With flattery or greed
- With a desire for glory
Also, just a random aside...I made this yummy soup the other night. Super delicious in my mind if you like strange flavors. Do switch out the thyme for curry powder...extra amounts if you are using weak American curry. I guess I also switched out the garbanzo beans for black and white beans, and I didn't have any zucchini so didn't include that.

No comments:
Post a Comment