Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nothing Much

It's been a lovely day being at home and getting lots of random things done around the house. I'm not really feeling like writing much tonight, so just thought I'd share a couple of arbitrary thoughts...

First off, for the first time, I grilled corn on the cob. Maybe everyone else has already done that for years, but not me. We all (except Josh) were pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted. Basically, I hadn't wanted to boil water for corn this evening since the temp was around 100 so figured we could grill it. All I did was soak it in water for around 10 minutes, then place on a pretty hot grill (around 400) for about 30 min. turning every time I remembered. The amazing thing is that the husk and silk comes off really easy, and the corn was nice and yummy. Much simpler than boiling it on the stove.

Secondly, I am sad to say, but all those freezer meals my friend Heather and I made the other day have turned out pretty lousy. She has made two and I've made the other two and neither of us have wanted to make them again. So, hopefully you haven't already spent a day cutting and chopping like we did...I still want to do it again, but research out better recipes next time. Live and learn, I guess. We have, however, been enjoying the goodies. :)

Thirdly, here are some more pics from the lake...isn't my 4th of July girl cute?
 
the kids had a great time in the water...Evans especially seemed to enjoy it
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: