fruit, anyone?
Monday, July 2, 2012
What I Want
I was having an argument in my mind last night...one side said, "I'd really like to have a big bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce on top." The other side responded, "You aren't really hungry and don't need to eat more junk anyways." Back and forth, back and forth. I then thought, "But, I really want a snack." And then this thought entered, "Who really cares what you want? You're not supposed to make choices based upon your wants, but based on what is right/best." That is a pivotal distinction for a Christian - the world tells us it's all about what we want - the Bible tells us it's all about pleasing God. True happiness is not found in fulfilling our every desire, but in submitting our desires to the One Who knows best. In the moment, self-gratification seems great...but in the long-run, self-discipline yields the greatest reward. Live for eternity...not for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment