Friday, December 13, 2013

Chai Tea, Pancake Syrup, and Apple Pie

I had my first friend sleepover in many years Wed night. :) We didn't actually sleep in the same room or anything, but we did stay up late talking and did lots of fun stuff the next day. So, I thought I'd share a couple of recipes we made...

Chai Tea - We determined that the spices need a bit of a bump up if you're into that type of thing. And, we thought the sugar should be cut back a bit. Makes nice Christmas gifts, but doesn't make too terribly much when you're using two heaping spoonfuls per cup.

Pancake Syrup - Pancakes were on the menu for breakfast the next morning, but much to my dismay we were pretty much out of syrup. So, off to Allrecipes to find a recipe...and we found this one. It seems completely odd, but tastes really quite good. Do make it in a larger pan as it bubbles up a whole lot.

Easy Apple Pie - This is my mom's favorite recipe for apple pie, and I was surprised that I hadn't posted it yet on the blog. One of the international students was saying how much he liked apple pie so I decided to make some and took advantage of my friend's (and her little boy's) help to make it go faster :)

1 and 1/4 sticks butter (this isn't health food!)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 egg
dash of salt
2-4 tablespoons water
1 c chopped walnuts
cinnamon
4-5 cooking apples

Preheat oven to 375. Grease an 8-9 inch oven safe pan. Peel, core and slice apples...drop into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and walnuts. Melt butter in medium sized bowl. Add sugar, flour, dash of salt, and egg in once it's cooled. Add the water as needed to make a smooth consistency. Spread over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown.

couple last pics from CA
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: