Today I was thinking, as I do so many days, about how to have home school run smoother with less crankiness and more joy. The thought again ran across my brain about how one of the most challenging aspects of home schooling is the fact that the mom is both parent and teacher...a hard mix. My kiddos often whine and complain to me where they would behave and comply with any other teacher. And, I find myself often saying, "You wouldn't do that with Mrs. -----, so please don't do that with me." But, interestingly, my thoughts quickly went to the idea that I also don't treat my kids how I would treat anybody else's kids. If it were someone else's child, I would be more patient, more kind, more willing to explain. I would be less likely to criticize, to get angry, to become easily frustrated. Evidently, I have a few things to work on as well. Maybe if the mom can be a better example, the kiddos will also improve. :)
A couple more pics from Hidden Lake

No comments:
Post a Comment