The other day I was listening to a Tim Keller sermon about ministry. It was really short, but he made some great points that I wanted to share.
- Ministry is taking your gifts and resources and meeting needs in Christ' name...serving people.
- Whenever you meet God face to face, whenever you get a grip of who God really is, it changes you into a person in mission - it sends you out. It destroys your consumer mentality, what's in it for me. He used the examples of Abraham, Moses, Peter and how they responded to God by saying, "I will risk, I will sacrifice, I will go." You must be willing to lose things, to go wherever God leads.
- He will never bless you unless He makes you to be a blessing to somebody else - He sends you out, you aren't blessed for your own good, but for others good.
- You can't be a blessing to other people unless you lose things, unless you get out - you have to get out...of your comfort zone, using your time your way, using your resources for what you want, your abilities on your interests.
- You must be willing to lose things, you must be willing to get out, but I will bless you. Even though God calls you to difficult, challenging things, He is there and He will provide blessing. He will give us what we need.

No comments:
Post a Comment