Well, even though I've been saying how busy things have been somehow I squished in enough time to complete a book that's been sitting by my chair for the last month or two...The Greener Grass Conspiracy. I think part of why I picked it out was because I thought the title was great. As it alludes to, this book is about contentment. It was a bit different of a book than I normally read in that it is written by a guy with a guy's perspective and humor. Normally, my books don't include manliness analogies and so such - but that was kind of a fun aspect.
Anyways, it was a good book. Altrogge does well at getting to the heart of the matter...basically that our discontent shows the idols of our hearts. That we are not recognizing the phenomenal blessings heaped upon us, but rather focusing on the small things while ignoring the great. We want to believe that we are the center of the universe and all things should go the way we want them to. However, God in His infinite wisdom chooses what is best for not, not always what will make us happiest. He reminds us that contentment is a perspective, not that we ignore the realities of life, but that we remember Who is in control. This book didn't have amazing, ground-breaking new information on the subject, but it was a good, relatively easy read to reorient your mind in the right direction. I would have given you all an excerpt, but it's already been lent out. :)
One of my favorite activities in Disney World was two really fun mini golf coursesNeither the kids nor James had ever been so that was fun as well

No comments:
Post a Comment