Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pasta Primavera

Here's one of my favorite recipes...super yummy, but it does take a bit of preparation.

Pasta Primavera
taken from The Southern Living Cookbook

8 oz uncooked fettuccine or linguine (I probably use more like 10-12 oz)
1/3 c pine nuts (I use whatever I have around)
2 c fresh broccoli florets (cut smallish)
1 1/2 c fresh snow peas
2 lg carrots, diagonally sliced
10 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 c fresh Parm cheese
1 c whipping cream (I use half and half and it works fine)
6 green onions sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 c fresh parsley (I use dried, and probably put in about half)
1/3 c fresh basil (also use dried, probably about half)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
extra Parm cheese for top

Cook pasta as usual. Toast pine nuts (350, 3-5 minutes). Steam broccoli, peas, and carrot a couple of minutes until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Melt butter in large skillet. Add mushrooms and garlic - saute over med heat just until tender. Ad 1 1/2 c cheese and cream, stirring until cheese melts. Add broccoli mixture, green onions, and next 5 ingredients, stirring well. Add pasta, and toss to coat. Spoon onto platter - sprinkle with pine nuts. 

There's been a lot of  Nerf wars around here lately...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: