It's been an awfully long time since I've been to a bridal shower, but I had the pleasure of hosting one here tonight. One of the Radiologists that works with Dave is getting married to a girl from Florida, and I thought it would be nice for her to enjoy a shower here. So, that's how it came about. It was interesting looking for games and recipes...here's what I ended up doing:
Recipes: A few other ladies brought some things, but I made a chocolate pound cake (first time recipe, but really yummy and chocolatey-I used 1/2 c less sugar), almond bars, and cherry fudge (extremely easy, but does taste like frosting).
Games: 1) Pick a mint (or any other multi-colored item). Each guest picks a couple of chosen items. Then you show what info they share about based on their color choice. Tonight the mints came in four colors - white:family, yellow:places, pink:food, and green:activities. Based on how many mints each person took they would share one or more pieces of info about themselves relating to the coordinating topic.
2) Bridal Shower Mad Lib - this was a fun one although there are tons of fill-ins so it took a bit longer than I anticipated. I did make a caveat at the beginning that this was a G-rated bridal shower just to make sure no one contributed any inappropriate words.
3) His/Hers - ahead of time, have each person fill out a questionnaire. Then pick one of their responses to be the answer to the question. The shower guest try to guess which one wrote that specific answer. I found a cute printable (which I can't find anymore) that each person would hold up based on their choice. Here are the questions we choose - Hannah and I had fun making some of them up one afternoon.
Favorite color
Favorite
flavor of ice cream
Favorite
sport
Favorite
movie
Favorite
cuisine
The
country I would most like to visit is
My
favorite school subject was
If I had $500 to spend on ONE item,
I would buy
The household chore I like
the most is
The household chore I like
the least is
The item I lose the most
often is
Who is your hero or someone
you admire?
Which do you prefer (circle
one)…
Cats, dogs or fish?
Dress shoes, tennis shoes
or sandals?
The beach, the mountains,
or the mall?
China dishes or paper
plates?
Sweatpants, Formalwear or
Jeans?
Run a mile, get a tan, or
take a swim?
Dust, vacuum, or wash
dishes?
Read a book, watch a movie,
or play a game?
Candlelight or Disco ball?
Mac or PC?
Flowers: Silk or real?
4) Draw on the Head - I've played this game a lot in many variations. Basically you pick an item and the people draw said item on a paper plate on their head. Some people are amazingly capable at this sort of thing - I can't even draw on a piece of paper in front of me.
5) Dice game - didn't have time for this one - You have two small boxes or something to roll dice into as well as a certain number of prize gifts, say three. Then you start the boxes on opposite corners of the room. Each person rolls two dice and if they get doubles they grab a gift. The boxes travel around the room with each person rolling. Once all the gifts have been taken, whenever someone rolls a double, they choose a gift from someone who has one. This goes on for a set number of time then whoever is left with the gift gets to keep it.
6) Bridal Shower Family Feud - didn't have time for this one either - This just follows along the same idea as the show, just wedding related. Here's the questions just for fun:
Besides a rose, what is the most popular
wedding flower?
38 - Lily
18 - Calla Lily
13 - Daisy
09 - Carnation
07 - Orchid
07 - Tulip
38 - Lily
18 - Calla Lily
13 - Daisy
09 - Carnation
07 - Orchid
07 - Tulip
What is the most popular color for a bridesmaid
dress?
41 - Pink
19 - Blue
13 - Red
08 - Purple
05 - White
03 - Black
03 - Ivory
02 - Green
41 - Pink
19 - Blue
13 - Red
08 - Purple
05 - White
03 - Black
03 - Ivory
02 - Green
Besides a church, name a popular location to get
married.
34 - Beach
17 - Park
14 - Garden
09 - Outdoors/Outside
08 - Hotel
04 - City Hall/Courthouse
03 - Banquet/Reception Hall
34 - Beach
17 - Park
14 - Garden
09 - Outdoors/Outside
08 - Hotel
04 - City Hall/Courthouse
03 - Banquet/Reception Hall
02 - Las Vegas
Name a popular honeymoon location.
53 - Hawaii
09 - Bahamas
07 - Carribean
07 - Jamaica
04 - Niagara Falls
03 - Mexico
02 - Cancun
02 - Disney World
53 - Hawaii
09 - Bahamas
07 - Carribean
07 - Jamaica
04 - Niagara Falls
03 - Mexico
02 - Cancun
02 - Disney World
What is the most popular small appliance given
at a bridal shower?
42 - Toaster
28 - Blender
07 - Mixer
06 - Coffee Maker
05 - Can Opener
03 - Food Processor
Name something the couple does at the wedding ceremony
56 - Kiss
14 - Dance
11 - Vows
06 - Cut Cake
05 - Exchange Rings
04 - Light Candles
42 - Toaster
28 - Blender
07 - Mixer
06 - Coffee Maker
05 - Can Opener
03 - Food Processor
Name something the couple does at the wedding ceremony
56 - Kiss
14 - Dance
11 - Vows
06 - Cut Cake
05 - Exchange Rings
04 - Light Candles
Name a musical instrument played at weddings:
64 - Organ
18 - Piano
06 - Violin
05 - Harp
04 - Guitar
03 - Flute
Hannah got dressed up to meet the ladies
here's the cute printable, I pasted one on each side

No comments:
Post a Comment