Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Random Happenings

Just some updates on random happenings around here...

Mid Valley Ice Skating/Pizza Party - we spent some time Sunday with our dear friends from our previous church. I just mention this because it has been such a blessing to us at how loved and connected we still feel there after the difficult decision to leave. God has definitely extended grace to us in that.

GCC - While I still don't feel the warmth of fellowship at GCC that we did at Mid Valley (in reality, it's only been 8 months), this past week I was reflecting on how good our time there has been. I know I have grown a lot through the challenging and insightful preaching of the Word as well as through our time in GC Groups. There has been a lot of stretching and getting out of my comfort zone to serve and endeavor to make disciples. I have particularly enjoyed the practical focus of making disciples in our group. It really does draw you together in a deeper way. 

Redemption Groups - starting tomorrow Dave and I will be participating in a Redemption Group Immersion. The focus of those groups is to specifically address the really difficult things in life like addictions, abuses, and major trials. I must say I am a bit reticent about it as the main structure of the RGI is to have the participants (meaning me!) go through the program on a personal level. Lord willing, God will use this for my greater sanctification and His glory in my life. 

Israel - today Dave and I decided that we are going to go to Israel in May! I can't quite believe it...we've talked about it for years, but now it's happening!! We are going with a previous professor of mine at The Master's College, Randy Cook. The itinerary is packed with lots of great places and activities. I am most excited to have Dave be able to experience it (I went for a semester in college many years ago if you didn't know that). The kids, however, are not very excited about it...they are used to always having us around. We did promise to bring them back something neat. :)

I think that's it for now...

lovely rainbow last week, I think
 
then it turned into a double rainbow
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: