Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Skeleton

A couple weeks ago, we did a really fun project. This year we've been learning about the human body so as we did bones, we decided to make a skeleton. How, you ask...out of milk jugs. :) A year or two back we saw this really cool milk jug skeleton and ever since, I've wanted to make it. This is a good link for it. Basically, you collect about 7-8 milk jugs, draw the different bones on them, cut them out, and attach them together. I must say that cutting milk cartons is not the easiest job. I used an Exacto knife for much of it. My kids job was to draw the bones, and I mostly cut them out. We attached them by using a hole punch or piercing with the knife and then threading twistie-ties through them to connect. Great project...

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: