On Saturday, Sabbath, we took a quick detour before church to the Garden Tomb area. It is an alternate site of where Christ was buried...the likelihood is that He was buried at the spot of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, but this area is far more beautiful. They have actually made it a lovely garden with lots of scripture around. People come from all over the world to give tours for 4-8 weeks. We had a delightful lady from England who seemed to genuinely love the Lord and delight in helping others come to see a bit of Him as well.
From there, we attended a worship service taught by the same man, Menno, who was the pastor back when I was here 18 years ago. He leads a service of many different people types and lots of translations are going on around you. The message is given in Hebrew, then immediately translated into English. We also had the pleasure of hearing The Master's Chorale sing while we were there. The room was quite small, so they basically made a circle around us...amazing to hear them.
The rest of the afternoon we spent in the Old City shopping around and taking in the atmosphere. Today had us hopping again from place to place so it was nice to have a quieter day yesterday. The other pic is of the Temple Mount from the Mount of Olives area as we were driving by.
Also, I've noticed the blog isn't quite posting the way I've expected it to while I've been writing it, but can't figure out from this interface (on a tablet) how to make it work like normal...so, hopefully, you can figure out what pictures I am meaning when. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment