Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Israel, Last Day

I can't really believe we've already been back almost three days...in some ways it seems like forever since we went, and on the other hand, I still feel like we're recovering from the trip. :) It's thankfully been a pretty low key couple of days. We both still feel pretty tired and not quite back to normal. 

Our last day was spent at a worship service at Yad Hashmonah where I had attended IBEX back in college. The moshav has changed quite a bit and it was good to see my old room and one of the girls I had known back then, Naomi. Also, Pastor Randy gave the message and it was good to hear him speak. From there we had lunch in Abu Gosh, and back to the hotel. We packed up and headed out to Joppa. As you can see from the first pic, tons of people go to the beach on the weekend! We couldn't believe how crowded it was. 
 
Sat was also our anniversary, 17 years, and here's a nice pic we took overlooking the Med. Sea
 
Joppa is the area that Jonah ran to when he was trying to escape the Lord's command...here's a wharf area there
 
We had dinner around sunset overlooking the sea
 
And, lastly, a sunset pic as our bus makes it's way to the airport to head back home...good end to our trip
 
It's sure nice to have normal Blogger back. :) I was posting via the tablet while we were gone so I wasn't able to format and add links like normal. Thanks for bearing with that and making your best guess as to what pictures were. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: