Friday, March 18, 2011

Reverse Thinking

This YouTube video has appeared on a couple of blogs I frequent, and I wanted to share it with anyone who hasn't already seen it.



After I watched it and was thinking about it's message, it reminded me that you can pretty much take anything that this world says and reverse it to get scripture's perspective:

It's all about what I want vs. I am to deny myself (Mk 8:34)
I want to be first vs. The first shall be last and the last shall be first (Mt 20:16)
I want to be strong vs. God choose the weak to shame the strong (1 Cor 1:27b)
I want to be wise vs. God choose the foolish to shame the wise (1 Cor 1:27a)
It's all about looks vs. God looks at the heart (1 Sam 16:7)
I deserve revenge vs. It is to a man's glory to overlook an offense (Prov 19:11)
Repay evil with evil vs. Overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21)
Get all you can now vs. Store up treasures in heaven (Mt 6:20)
....just a few off the top of my head.