Been bopping around the Internet tonight after talking with a friend this afternoon about homeschool materials for next year...yikes! Neat to see some new options and feel like a bit of change will be in the works.
I still haven't been reading any books lately, but a most wonderful book crossed my hands the other day that I wanted to recommend. Actually, I'd encourage you to get a hold of any of the 31 Day Series by Ruth Myers. They are very helpful books that truly point you to God. As the titles note, they are broken down in daily segments for a short devotional. They focus on Praise, Prayer, The Satisfied Heart, and Power (I haven't read this one). If I remember correctly they also have a sort of introduction to the topic and various helps at the end of the book. The beauty of them is that she doesn't at all focus on the person, but on scripture and how it brings us into a deeper relationship with the Lord.
Some day when I don't have too many other commitments :), I'd like to cycle through them month by month as they are continual good reminders for the Christian life.
Monday Hannah received a free trial American Girl Magazine (that generated
huge amounts of excitement). Anyways, in the magazine it showed how
you could make little terrariums for your dolls. So, she set about
making one with some lovely birds she found at a yard sale a while back.
huge amounts of excitement). Anyways, in the magazine it showed how
you could make little terrariums for your dolls. So, she set about
making one with some lovely birds she found at a yard sale a while back.
notice what a lovely smile Elizabeth has as she holds her pets :)
