Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sun Mountain Lodge

Dave and I are enjoying a lovely night away in celebration of our 15th anniversary tomorrow....we decided to drive up to Sun Mountain Lodge (about 2 hours away), and spend some time mountain biking. This afternoon was perfect temperature and perfect weather so we hopped on some bikes after we got checked in. The trail system here is absolutely amazing...so much fun. Dave is a pretty good mountain biker, but I've only been 3 or 4 times. The trails were nicely maintained with a good variety of levels. We mostly went on easy to moderate trails through lovely trees and flowers. Then, we spied a "most difficult" trail that looked like fun, at it was super! We actually went back up and did it again. Needless to say, I'm sure we are going to be sore tomorrow.

Our room is nice with a good view of the mountains. We also enjoyed a dinner outside on the deck overlooking the beautiful valley. The menu was a bit limited, so Dave ordered a hamburger, but I ordered Chicken Curry Soup (yummy!) and some goat cheese/mac nut/glazed fig salad - also scrumptious! Dave did also order a side of morel mushrooms that were amazing. So, overall a wonderful dinner.

They also have a great game room with ping pong, Foosball, and pool tables. We played some of each - I think Dave won them all.

The weather for tomorrow is forecasting rain, but I hope we'll get enough time to play a few games of horseshoes. :)


Posted by Picasa