Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taffy gone awry

I was all excited to write this great blog post on how our little crew with the help of two sweet little nieces pulled delicious, tootsie-roll type taffy this afternoon. :) It was going to be complete with cherub faces twisting and pulling. However, that was not to be. Becky and I mixed all the ingredients and then heated and heated and heated and heated and heated some more...finally it reached the right temp. Then the pulling was alright when it was warm, but it quickly got too hard for the kiddos to pull. As far as the picture taking, it went too quick and my hands were too greasy and sticky to handle a camera. Basically, as Becky said, it is more like a hard candy than softish taffy.

For those adventurous ones among you who want to give it a try, here's a link to the recipe. Also, Good Eats has a great video about it (start at 3 min). I'd recommend making just a single batch as it makes a lot!


Posted by Picasa