Thursday, June 28, 2012

Boy Books

A friend of mine asked the other day if I'd give her a list of books that Josh has enjoyed...so I decided to share that here as well. Josh has read all these books (unless indicated), and I have read at least some/one of the ones marked with an *.

by author

Chuck Black * - Christian author - quality books
Wayne Thomas Batson (his Dark Sea Annals if for more of a mature audience - Josh hasn't read those) The Berinfell Prophecies are his favorite - Christian author


by set/series

The Wingfeather Saga - Christian author
Terrestria Chronicles * - Christian author - great series
Wormling Series - Christian author
Roman Mysteries * - Christian author
The Circle Series * - Christian author
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (has only read the first one, the rest are on order)
Cooper Kids Adventure Series * - Christian author

single books



It takes me quite a while to find decent books for Josh to read particularly as he reads so incredibly fast. Mostly I keep my eyes opened for recommendations from people I respect, follow links to books associated with books I know to be decent, and search Amazon reviews for affirmation or questionable material in books I have come across. Please know that I'm not saying all these books are top-notch and are encouraging high character...some of these are just fluff books. Do check these out for yourself as everyone has different convictions.

---Also, please add any other boy favorites in the comments section...that would be great. 

on Sat we went to Cashmere's helicopter ping-pong-ball drop...lots of fun
see the helicopter in the distance...
 
dropping the balls
 
here come the balls...down for the catching...and then for the redeeming of
prizes every child needs
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: