Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home again

We had a good visit to my folks this past week and a half. As you saw from the pics, we had a lot of fun outings planned, and we also got to enjoy many friends and family. It's funny to think of our visit as likely the last time we will be out there in the near future. I'm not one who gets caught up too much emotionally about things, but it was somewhat sad to drive out of the driveway for the last time. One thing I did while I was there was go through a few boxes of miscellaneous items from my childhood. I am not a collector of things (that goes against my minimalist tendencies), but as I unpacked today, it was nice to have a few items for memories of growing up or from my grandparents. Hannah particularly enjoyed seeing what there was.
While we were there, my mom and sis took care of the meals and the kids were pretty much freed up from chores except emptying the dishwasher and folding some towels a time or two. Hannah remarked to me yesterday after dinner when I reminded her to put her plate away, "I got used to the easier life." They were plenty pleased to just run around, eat junk food, and have lots of fun.
The cousins had a grand time together. Becky even organized an "Olympic Games" on our last day there. The kids competed in a variety of events, many of which were quite funny to behold. The bottom picture is of the awards ceremony...maybe you can even see the "Olive Wreath" on Josh's head.
A good time was had by all...although I'm sure my folks will breathe a sigh of relief when all the little, busy, endlessly energetic munchkins are finally gone. :)

Posted by Picasa