Isn't that a funny thing to say? I think it is, but it is also true. Many of you know my challenges with vacations and how much I enjoy just being at home in my somewhat normal routine of life. This week I've decided that a large part of being vacation-challenged is that I don't get to just be with my kiddos doing everyday things. We have lots of fun stuff going on, and lots of people we are seeing, but not too much just being. The last few days have been better for me in that regard, I think, because we've had a bit of time in the morning just to snuggle together and talk before getting up as well as spending quiet time together reading aloud at night (The Secret Garden). I really do like and enjoy being with my kids...
So, anyways, today was our last big excitement with going to the Aquarium. I had high hopes of getting to Boston on this trip, but that just didn't seem to quite work out. It is such a neat city with great history. Tomorrow is our last real day here as we fly out on Saturday (Dave went back on Monday). We just plan to be low-key and spend time with my family. The kids are sad to be heading back; there's been too much fun with all the adventures and cousins here to boot. Plus, the amount of junk food we've consumed can't be topped. We've definitely been well fed.
I'm going to queue up a couple of "regular" posts for the next couple of days...
P.S. Just to be clear, I do miss Dave as well. :) I just know that he is not here and so I am fine with that. I think the challenge is when he or my kiddos are with me yet I don't feel like I am spending much time with them.