You've probably heard that phrase before, Audience of One. If not, the way I look at it is that my life's performance should be given for God's approval alone, He being the Audience of One. What everyone else thinks of me or doesn't think of me is really of no account.
That thought will often come into my mind as I blog. When I catch myself thinking about numbers and what so-and-so will think of what I write, I try to remind myself that although I try to write things that others will find beneficial, my foremost focus needs to be pleasing Christ. Even if no one reads what I write, am I honoring Him?
The other day we had a Thanksgiving service at church and someone remarked to me after the service something like, "You weren't thanked for all that you do." I responded something along the lines of "That's alright, I don't need to receive thanks for what I do." Although appreciation is always pleasant, I still need to serve, still need to obey regardless of if no one notices. I need to live my life for the Audience of One.
Ski season begins Friday! :)