Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Simple Delights

Today was such a lovely day around here in so many respects...Dave and I had actually planned to surprise the kids with a trip to Seattle today, but the mountain passes had high snow probability as well as Josh and I being a smidge sick, so we didn't go. Instead, we had a nice day around here. We all slept in a bit and had a lazy start to the day. We flew through the "critical" subjects in school and skipped the rest. After lunch, we all went bowling. I don't think I've bowled in over 15 years. The kids have only been once. It was great amounts of fun. Josh even got a strike!
Then after some miscellaneous type things, we had dinner and put our living room in the winter formation - facing the fire place rather than the lovely outdoors. We put a fire together, played a board game and read before bedtime. Overall the kids had happy hearts and we just were able to enjoy each other.
It reminded me, again, of how much pleasure we can derive from simple things. We don't have to spend lots of money or go exotic places to create treasured memories together. I'm so thankful for this little family God has blessed me with and the flexibility of time to go and do whatever whenever.
Posted by Picasa