Just thought I'd share another piece of the Redemption Group process with all of you. During one of our free time slots, we were asked to write a Psalm encompassing a bit of what we had learned. Here's the one I wrote:
O God, you are my God
How thankful I am that you claim me as your own
That you sought me, you drew me to yourself
You have been faithful and true to me
Your word is precious to my soul for it directs me in right paths
Your Spirit comforts, convicts and guides
Your Son paid the price I could never pay to purchase the life I do not deserve
How thankful I am that you claim me as your own.
In your grace you sought me early
You know me, yet you don't turn away
With compassion you show me my shortcomings
Changing me to be more like you
Working in me to bring you glory, to proclaim your mighty works
How thankful I am that you claim me as your own
Lord, I ask that you cleanse me of self-righteousness
That you free me from my own expectations
That you remind me of my identity in you
That all I do would bring you the honor you rightly deserve
That I may not lose sight that you alone are worthy of all my worship
O God, you are my God
We put up the tree today...

No comments:
Post a Comment