Friday, December 7, 2012

The Great and Terrible Quest

Reading books is a favorite past time of mine, and I especially enjoy it when shared with my kiddos. A long time homeschool friend shared this book with us over the summer, and we finished it up earlier this week (within a few days of when we started it). The setting is the middle ages with lords and knights and such which fits right in with where we are studying in history. The story tells the tale of a young boy whose parents have died and was taken in by a mean, unloving grandfather. It follows along his life under his grandfather's rule and then once he has been freed of it. As the title infers, there is a great and terrible quest he takes with an unknown man seeking to remember who he is and what he is to do. I don't want to give too much away, but it is a very exciting, page turning story. Just one comment to be aware of...it does have a decent amount of violence towards the end when a man is shot with an arrow and there is a fighting scene...girls may not like that part quite so much. However, both my kiddos greatly enjoyed the book, and I expect I'll purchase a copy for myself. 

we completed a 1000 piece puzzle over Thanksgiving time
it's the first  puzzle I've done in a very long time
I liked it particularly because it reminded me of my grandpa who used to work with trains
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: