Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching up

I know it's been quiet around here this last week. Contrary to my mom's thoughts...I wasn't in a skiing accident or had any other catastrophic happenings. :) To be honest, I didn't really have much I wanted to say so just decided to not say anything rather than try and create something that wasn't there. I could have posted more recipes or book reviews, but didn't think that was particularly needed.
We actually had a great week school-wise. Probably the best ever in the last four and a half years. Part of it may be due to a new Math curriculum we've been doing that doesn't include worksheets, but I think most of it is that God helped me control my frustrations and the kids are growing in the knowledge that you might as well do your work and then be done with it. I know that sounds simple, but it's not to kids (at least not my kids).
BSF also started back up last night and it was good to be back with the middle school group. Next week is the lesson I've been waiting for all year on Hezekiah - one of my favorite Bible characters. I've actually been wanting to teach on his prayer or just him for a long time and now I'll have the chance to do it.
Dave and I have also been listening to a guy named David Platt. We've determined he is somewhat of a cross between Chan and MacArthur. The enthusiasm and pointedness of Chan, the more expositional aspects of MacArthur. If you're looking to be shook up a bit, check him out.
So, that's our last week in a nutshell...
Posted by Picasa