2. myopic - lacking foresight or scope
This word has been bouncing around in my head this last week or so. It is more of a medical word referring to near-sightedness, but a secondary definition is as written above. I've been thinking about how much I fit that definition when I view my life in comparison to others...particularly lacking scope. So much of my life is limited to how I feel, or think, or perceive something...that my thoughts, my perspectives, my views, my needs are superior to others. Rather than place others as higher than myself, I place myself in that top spot. God has given me many graces and abilities to use for His glory, but I often I use them for my glory. Lk 12:48b From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
I have been challenged that unless my scope is directed outwards, my usefulness to God is severely limited. When I am too self-focused, I am not hearing either the legitimate hurts and needs of others, or the wisdom God has imparted to them that I can benefit from. We need each other...God created the church to build each other up...for us to fill in each other's gaps...to keep all of us on the right path towards more Christlikeness. May God work in me to view others (their thoughts, needs, joys, hurts, accomplishments, etc.) as more important than myself.
Recent drawings of Paperwhites just starting to push up -
they have been amazing, growing 1-2 inches each day!
they have been amazing, growing 1-2 inches each day!
