Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dave

I love my husband. There have been times, however infrequent, that I get frustrated, annoyed, or angry with him. For some reason there have been a couple of those times recently...I'm not one to generally hold a grudge, but it can be easy for thoughts to start swirling and what started out as not really a big deal to turn into some major issue (in my mind mostly, but occasionally outwardly). I have complete confidence that Dave in no way intends to frustrate, annoy or anger me, but sometimes that still happens. When that happens and I seem unable to shake my feelings, I try and focus on the many ways I am thankful for him. I firmly believe that gratitude removes discontent...that we must choose to focus on what is true, not false perceptions. So, here are a few of the multitude of things I appreciate about my husband...

He loves the Lord
He works hard to provide for the kids and I
He's working towards growing in Christ
He desires the best for our family
He takes care of maintenance issues with the house
He shares things he's learning with me
He is appreciative
He helps pick things up after company/bible study
He reads to us at night
He plays fun things with the kids
He is very even-tempered
He has a lot of wisdom
He is very gracious to my short comings
He understands how things work
He is tidy
He is dependable

So, what do I have to be unhappy about? Perspective is so critical in life. It's imperative to not get bogged down in little things, but overlook an offense (whether real or perceived) and press on.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Cor 13:4-7

Posted by Picasa