Dave asked me this question this morning. I kind of shrugged and mumbled something not very specific. I'm never good at thinking of gifts for myself. Well, a little later on in the day after I had gotten frustrated with the kids and they were outside playing on the trampoline I saw a gift bag they had made at VAL yesterday for Mother's Day. It made me think of how much they love me even though I am so undeserving...it then also made me think of what I really wanted for Mother's Day. I really just want one day where:
I respond in patience after repeated disobedience
I respond in love to an unkind word or attitude
I respond with grace regardless of the choices made
I respond with kindness even though undeserved
I respond with self-control to whining and complaining
I respond with joy even after the fifth or tenth reminder to be diligent
I respond with peace to yet another mishap
Do you think they sell that package at Target?
Thankfully, I know I can become that way as I look to Christ...2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.