Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friendship

Friendship...what a delightful thing. Along with the busyness of VBS, this has also been a week of getting together with many friends. I've realized the thing I like best is sharing lives together and talking about the things of God. I have a few friends whose conversations really encourage me in my walk and my daily struggles. What a delight that is. Another thing I also enjoy is discussing books and schooling...two of the things I love. I was looking at quotes on friendship and particularly liked this one:
Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown
I think that is very true. Most of my dear friends I don't see or talk with as often as I'd like, but I've seen their care for me in many little ways. I hope I am that same kind of friend as well.
Prov 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Prov 27:9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.

Some good friends...

Posted by Picasa