I've been a little leery of posting a recipe that comes from a cookbook...didn't want to overstep any copyright laws or anything. So, I decided to see what Google said about it and it appears like there is very little issue in doing that. Just don't go and sell these recipes. :) Here is one that I frequently make for company when I don't have a lot of time or any brilliant ideas of what to make.
Lemon Herbed Chicken
from Favorite Brand Name Best-Loved Recipes of All Time
1/2 c butter or margarine (I use butter)
1/2 c vegetable oil (I don't use this, just the butter...who needs more fat)
1/3 c lemon juice (you could use a bit more if you like lemon)
2 Tbl parsley (I generally just use dried and change it to 1 T)
2 Tbl garlic salt (too salty for Dave so probably do a little over 1 T)
1 tsp dried rosemary crushed
1 tsp dried savory crushed
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
6 chicken quarters (I just use chicken breasts...probably around 4 for this recipe...it's pretty forgiving)
Place chicken in baking pan. Put all other ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat on stove till all is melted and mixed. Pour over chicken. Bake in 350 oven for 35 minutes for boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Now that I look at the recipe it says to grill it, but I always just bake it. The flavors are greater that way.
Just a note...the leftover pan juices are really yummy...I like to put it on the steamed cauliflower I sometimes serve with the recipe, and I scoop some over the served pieces of chicken trying to get mainly the herbs.