There is a quote that has been bouncing around in my head the last couple of days because people offending other people seems to have been coming up. I have no recollection where I first heard it, nor could I find it quoted on Google, but here it is:
It is better to be the one offended, than the one who offends.
I know it's simple and short, but isn't it an awesome concept? When we start getting frustrated and bothered about what someone is saying about us or has done to us, we should just remember it is better to be the one offended. When we are the one offended, there is no sin, no wrongness, involved on our part. But, when we offend, there is often sin involved on our part.
And, another great thing to remember is that we have the all-knowing Lord on our side. Nothing happens that He isn't aware of and if the other person needs to be corrected somehow, the Lord will make sure it gets done...it isn't up to us to do it.
And, lastly, my favorite bible verse about someone speaking wrongly about you..."Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest." Prov 26:2
Silver Falls hike by Mt. Rainier

No comments:
Post a Comment