Sunday, July 31, 2011

Big Truths for Young Hearts

I don't generally review books that we didn't end up finishing, but I wanted to highlight the book Big Truths for Young Hearts by Bruce Ware. It's written kind of like a Theology 101 for children, but the parents will learn a bit along with them. The topics covered are things like Who God Is, the Trinity, Jesus, the Spirit, Salvation, the Church, etc. Each chapter is just a couple pages long, but they are a reasonably challenging couple of pages. We didn't end up continuing with it because it was just too much for the kids to track with. I expect we'll pick it back up again in a couple of years. One thing I particularly like about it is that Ware took some difficult concepts and wrote them as simply as he could for a child to grasp. This definitely isn't a "God is love, happy, happy" book. If your children can take these concepts in, they will have a solid foundation. It's definitely a book worth reading as a family and talking about the truths.
The kiddos made a fun treasure hunt for Dave and I today...lots of clues and a
nice treasure at the end - backrub and kisses tickets as well as some treats :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: