One thing that I've never felt I've done well at as a parent is having my kids keep their rooms clean. No, there aren't food wrappers and scraps all over or heaps of disgusting clothes, but there is a seemingly general untidiness. Yes, it does get picked up when company is coming over, but I wanted a general assemblance of orderliness and neatness. So, after we spent hours, yes I mean hours, cleaning out/organizing their rooms on Friday, I had a plan. :)
I took pictures from each corner of their room and made a collage with them. Then, I printed out the collage and posted it on the back of their bedroom doors. The theory is that they now have a visual of what their rooms should look like. Each day (which I already know won't in reality happen), there will be a quick time of clean up from the day. That will not include projects in progress (Josh currently has millions of Lego pieces organized around his room as he is working to put back together Lego ships that have been broken), only daily things like clothes, books, finished with toys, etc. Once I explained this new plan, Hannah quickly informed me that she wasn't going to play with things in her room anymore. Dave also asked me if he is under this new system as well. :) We'll see how it goes...



No comments:
Post a Comment