Sunday, August 21, 2011

PuzzleMaker


Most of my free time the last few days has been utilized by planning the first 6 weeks of homeschool. Since we are doing more of an interactive type schedule, there seems to be more need for organization as I'm not just going to flip to the next book page quite so much. It's been fun familiarizing myself with Mystery of History and figuring out how we are going to do manners/character traits. I'm getting a bit more excited about the MEP math because it seems more thinking-type math rather than tons of the same problem again and again (granted not having lots of problems may also be it's detriment). I think we'll also use some recipes from Food.com that has beginner recipes. We'll see how it all goes...that's what I love about homeschooling, it can always be changed.

Anyways, while I was searching about for new educational computer games, I came across this really cool PuzzleMaker. You can make a wide variety of puzzles to accomplish a wide variety of purposes - math challenges, spelling words, vocab words, etc. They seemed very flexible and done well. Just something to mix the learning up a bit...


No comments: