I keep forgetting to write about this book I finished recently, The Sacrifice. It's been quite a long time since I've read a pleasure book, but somehow I came across this author's name and decided to request one from the library. He writes very similarly to John Grisham, but with a Christian focus. Although, Grisham's The Testament was quite an amazing piece of evangelism for someone I didn't know was a Christian (I just Googled that, and apparently he is). Anyways, Whitlow is much more outspoken for Christianity in his books. The main story is about a somewhat new lawyer who is given a racially charged case and how he maneuvers his way through that trial, through a molding point in his personal life, and a greater threat that affects many people around him. I enjoyed the book although some of the Christian themes were a little contrived and made me wonder just what he believes. I don't know that I highly recommend this book, but it was a good, quick, nice summer read.
I know it is nowhere close to fall, but I liked these pictures...from 2004
