Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Simple Things

Dave said to me the other evening, "Your blog sure makes our life sound exciting," or something along those lines. It is amazing how just peeking in at what a person wants you to see can give a skewed perception of reality. Dave and I are such low-key people and have made many decisions to not have our family be involved in a lot of outside activities, but somehow busyness seems to creep in. I do love the hikes...getting out into nature and seeing God's handiwork on display, and I do enjoy the other activities, but I really love quietness at home. Although today was by no means a quiet day, we had some time in the afternoon where the kids chose to read books and then we enjoyed a game of Clue together.
The conversation surrounding the game was a bit alarming though...rope can't do anything...yes it can, you can strangle somebody...no one would ever die from a pipe...well, you could hit them real hard so they get knocked out and then kill them some other way. Yikes! I never thought about the actual underlying premise of Clue. Anyways, we still had fun...


Posted by Picasa