Today seemed like a good day for a children's book review. This series on The Millers has been a favorite of ours. It is one that we've read at bedtime. There are four books with stories in them that teach character or give a story to illustrate a bible verse. They are quite practical and common situations most all kids face. I also noticed that they have workbooks along with them. We've never used them, but I'm sure they would be solid.
School days talks about the kids as they go throughout a school year and things that come up. Storytime is for a bit younger child. Wisdom illustrates stories based on select Proverbs. Prudence talks about health-related topics.
The family in them is a Mennonite family so they are quite conservative - more so than our family would be. For example, they talked about the evils of collecting sports cards or the need for females to always wear skirts. But, overall, I am much happier to read a series that is more conservative than we are than one that has very loose/missing morals. Also, all the scripture is in KJV.
Great set for really anytime reading...
