That just about sums up how I've been this past week...I've been contemplating adding a relatively significant commitment to my schedule, and at many moments I've been pretty against doing it, and others completely okay about it. So, what have I signed up for?!?!?!? I've become an Evening BSF Children's Leader. What's so hard about that, you wonder? Well, how many of you woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. to go to a bible study? :) Honestly, waking up early wasn't the primary detractor - it was more about taking an evening away (Mon nights) from my family and being willing to give up a decent chunk of my discretionary time.
Dave and I have a pretty high view of ministry opportunities. We generally believe that if there is a need, you have the time available, and the ability to perform what is needed then it is probably something that should be done. Obviously, we don't think you should over commit, but often it is our luxury time or earthly/frivolous pursuits that keeps us from committing rather than legitimate time constraints.
Part of my thinking was trying to take into account where I could pull the extra time needed. And, so, I've just decided I need to be all the more diligent with my time...not waste it in pointless, yet pleasant, activities. Using my evenings better rather than spending it bopping around on different blogs, or taking a long time to write my own, but preparing a little each day to accomplish both my lesson and the children's lesson.
It was a delight to be at the leader's meeting this morning. One thing about BSF is the wonderful calibre of ladies who are in leadership...it's just a blessing to be part of their group. Also, we are studying Isaiah this year and so it will be quite a good discipline to study through that book which might not be studied on my own.
So, anyways, I'd appreciate any prayers for me to accomplish what needs to be done. I must say I was a little more crankety during school with the kiddos today, but hopefully, I'll get better about that as the year moves on.
Also, for any of you who are looking for a solid Bible study, BSF is international so you can find one near you...
Don't I have just the most lovely BSF bag? A dear and
very creative friend of mine made it for me and it works perfectly!
very creative friend of mine made it for me and it works perfectly!
