Well, I'm writing this post because this lasagna recipe seems to be in high demand. It's probably been at least 3 years since I last made lasagna because I had kind of gotten burnt out on it, but I began making it again this summer. The two times I've made it recently, once for a family meal and once for a church meal, garnered recipe requests from both. Mom...you probably never knew what a hot commodity your lasagna would be. :)
Mom's Lasagna (for lack of a more exciting title)
1-2 jars Ragu Sauce (I probably like the Roasted Garlic and Parmesan/Romano ones best, but I use whatever I have on hand-the original recipe says Sauteed Onion and Garlic)
1 pkg Lasagna Noodles (I use the no cook kind because it takes so much less time, but the cooked ones do taste better)
16 oz Ricotta Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese - maybe 3-4 cups
Parmesan Cheese - maybe 1 cup
Parsley Flakes
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Salt
Pepperoni (the secret ingredient) - maybe 3/4 cup - I cut them into fourths
(all these "maybes" in here means I never measure out...just throw as much in as seems reasonable)
Spray a 9x13 pan. Layer sauce, noodles (already cooked if using that kind), ricotta cheese (Dave doesn't really like this so I make my layer thin), some Parmesan cheese, sprinkle parsley/Italian seasoning/garlic salt over layer. Then make a layer of noodles topped with spaghetti sauce and pepperoni then noodles again. Repeat the cheese layer (sometimes I throw some mozzarella in here as well). Then layer noodles, then spaghetti sauce and cover with mozzarella cheese sprinkled with more seasonings as desired.
Here's a shorthand way for it:
Spray pan-sauce-noodles-ricotta-Parmesan-parsley-Italian seasoning-garlic salt-noodles-sauce-cut up pepperonis-noodles-ricotta-Parmesan-parsley-Italian seasoning-garlic salt-noodles-sauce-mozzarella-garlic salt-parsley
Bake 350 for 1 hour covered with foil. Remove foil and broil last couple minutes to get toasted cheese on top.
Just typing this out this late at night is making my mind wig out. So, if you ever get confused, just keep switching the layers between sauce and cheese until you come to the top of your dish. Make sure sauce is on the top and then cover completely with mozzarella.